Click here to view this site's accessibility statement.
Hi, i don’t understand, How do you run python? with me did not work, it seems like I have to install it, but how?
Nick Vilnius said on April 24th, 2011 at 8:45 am :
As a Python-aware text editor on the iPad, I found Textastic to be very useful. Saw it on this howto: http://rotofun.blogspot.com/2011/04/python-development-on-ipad.html
What’s the difference between between this and PyPad which is available without hacking the iPad?
How do you add modules?? Can you get something like macports / pip / easy_install?
repp said on February 18th, 2012 at 2:42 pm :
Thanks the instructions worked great! Python-based packages seem to install and import ok. Have you tried to install numpy?
It turns out it’s pretty easy to load Python on the iPad. The version that’s currently available is 2.5.1. Follow the instructions below to load it on your iPad and begin programming!
1) You’ll need to jailbreak your iPhone. For iPad 4.2.1, GreenPois0n works well.
2) Open up Cydia. Go to the “Sections” and then “Packaging” section.
3) Go all the way to the bottom and select “Setup Tools” and install.
4) Search for OpenSSH in Cydia (or look it up in the “Networking” section).
4) Proceed to install. This may take a bit of time.
5) Install iSSH from iTunes.
6) Open iSSH. Tap on “Add Configuration”.
7) Enter “localhost” in Host and “root” for Login as shown below. This is essentially asking iSSH to connect to its host machine, which is the iPad.
8) Connect to localhost. The default password is “alpine”. Run Python and enjoy! (You can’t import antigravity … yet).